Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update


I have started my impact monitoring work since the sixth of June. I had enough time for planning this work, so June has been a laid back month for me.  I finished my first field visit last week and will go on another one in the next two weeks. I am really looking forward to these next field trips to northern Bangladesh and southern Bangladesh. The first field trip is to Khulna district.  In south Bangladesh, prawn farming is common. Hopefully, I will get some opportunity to visit some prawn hatcheries. Prawns are hatched in saline water and then they have to be transferred to non-saline water. These little creatures are very protective of their females. I think it is cool that these tiny things have so much personality. I am going to Khulna to conduct impact monitoring of technology dissemination in aquaculture. My last trip is to Bogra, which is six hours from Dhaka. I will be doing impact monitoring of technology dissemination in potato farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment